How do I select multiple filters in AGOL group?

Jump to solution
08-17-2021 11:35 AM
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

While in a group page, you can select the item type to filter on (maps, apps, layers, etc...).  Is it possible to to select multiple types for your filter?  I'd like to be able to view Apps and Maps at the same time.  I tried formatting the link to include 'focus=maps&focus=apps', but it just returns all items in the group.

DavidForbuss1_0-1629225092187.png

Selecting the Maps filter formats the link like this:

[XX/home/group.html?id=65e50fc1fc9548d783cb95cbebfb724a&view=list&sortOrder=asc&sortField=title&focus=maps#content]

I tried this and it didn't work:

[XX/home/group.html?id=65e50fc1fc9548d783cb95cbebfb724a&view=list&sortOrder=asc&sortField=title&focus=maps&focus=apps#content]

Any help would be much appreciated!

-David

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can refer to the items and item types page in the REST docs and the search reference page as well.

Essentially, you need to use the filter parameter in your query. To do this from the AGOL search interface, simply enter the appropriate text in the search bar and the search tool will be able to recognize it.

building (type:"web map" OR form)

Searching for that brings me all web maps and forms that have "building" in the name or description somewhere.

jcarlson_0-1629230124562.png

Your attempt to modify the URL parameters was the right kind of thinking, but since this relies on the filter parameter, it works a little differently.

If you'd like to try an alternate method, you can always go to <domain>/<web-adaptor>/sharing/rest/search to test things out there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can refer to the items and item types page in the REST docs and the search reference page as well.

Essentially, you need to use the filter parameter in your query. To do this from the AGOL search interface, simply enter the appropriate text in the search bar and the search tool will be able to recognize it.

building (type:"web map" OR form)

Searching for that brings me all web maps and forms that have "building" in the name or description somewhere.

jcarlson_0-1629230124562.png

Your attempt to modify the URL parameters was the right kind of thinking, but since this relies on the filter parameter, it works a little differently.

If you'd like to try an alternate method, you can always go to <domain>/<web-adaptor>/sharing/rest/search to test things out there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Ok thanks Josh!  It's working by adding the search term to the tags of the items I want to come up, in this case "featured" : )

DavidForbuss1_0-1629231765217.png

**Edit -- that sort of worked, except now I'm getting all items including layers, which I don't want to display.  I ended up just categorizing the ones I wanted, and using that link after applying the category filter on my website to jump to the "See more apps" page.  

0 Kudos