How do I access Geocode service that I have added to ArcGIS Online in Arcmap?

04-09-2021 03:06 PM
Labels (3)
AniketKokate
New Contributor
  • I created an Address Locator in Arcmap and published it as a Geocode Service to ArcGIS Server. Then I took the Geocode Service's Rest URL and added it to Geocoding in Utility Services in ArcGIS Online>Organization>Settings. 
  • In ArcGIS Pro, in the Locators folder in Catalog, I can see all the Locators that are available in ArcGIS Online's Geocoding Utility Service after I sign in with my ArcGIS Organizational account.
  • However, I do not see similar functionality in Arcmap. Is it possible to access all the Locators present in ArcGIS Online's Geocoding Utility Service in Arcmap.
  • I am using ArcGIS Server 10.8.1.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

If you are signed into your ArcGIS Online organization account in ArcMap, then the utility services will be listed in the Geocoding toolbar and in ArcCatalog or the Catalog pane you will see them listed under 'Ready-to-use services'. In the image below the utility services show with server icons and a globe and are labeled depending on the type of service. Is this not what you see in ArcMap when you are signed into your organization account?

ShanaBritt_0-1620228834101.png

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/manage-data/geocoding/working-with-arcgis-online-geocodi...

0 Kudos