How can I set up a trigger/Action from the features in a webmap to a list in experience builder?

03-16-2022 03:20 PM
RobertBuckley1
Occasional Contributor

I have build an experience which uses a map and a list. I can set up a trigger/action from the list so that it zooms on the feature in the map, but not from the map to the list. In the Map I can only use the trigger from an extent change.

I'm sure this can be done, I am just not seeing the connection.

1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The map widget doesn't have many explicit "triggers" like other widgets. However, when you click a single feature to see its popup, you select that feature in the datasource. Any other widgets that support some kind of visual feedback for selected items will reflect this. For instance, you might have a Feature Details widget that points to the same datasource. Clicking a feature in your map will show this feature in the details panel.

If your map allows for feature selection, the same thing applies to multiple selected features. You might have a List or Table widget. If that widget is set to Selected Features rather than the default data view, then selecting them in the map will effectively filter the list / table.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS