How can I securely share an ArcGIS.com online map or web app with clients?

Jump to solution
02-10-2015 11:09 AM
BenChaney
New Contributor III

Hello,

Our organization is just getting started with ArcGIS.com for sharing interactive online maps and web apps.  We'd love to use the service to share information with our clients, be we can't have the map shared with "everyone" and searchable for the whole arcgis.com community.  We also don't want to require clients to log in using one of our arcgis.com organizational accounts, and the clients don't have their own arcgis.com organizational accounts either

I can't seem to figure out how to securely share the web maps with our clients.  Is there any way we can create a map using arcgis.com that's accessible ONLY from a link we distribute? We're currently using google maps and would love to move away from that, but without this basic feature it's impossible. I'm aware that one way to approach this would be to run our own arcgis server / portal, but currently that's not an option for us.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

40 Replies
timothyckelleher
New Contributor

I would also like to know if this has been resolved? I have been begging for this type of functionality since 2015.