Hosted Layers not able to be offline

Jump to solution
05-12-2023 10:12 AM
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a Field Map to take offline in to collect wetland data.  I wanted to have the SSURGO Hydric Soils layer and USA wetlands layer, both hosted by ESRI to be shown on the Field Map in offline mode.  Those particular layers had to be removed in order to enable offline mode because they are not sync enabled.  I don't need to be able to edit them or anything, I just want them to be visible like a basemap sort of thing.  That way a delineator can see on their phone that they are in an area of mapped hydric soils, which helps fill out their data form.  I can see them if I don't enable offline mode for the web map, but sometimes staff don't have a cell signal in the field so offline viewing is needed.

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ClayDonaldsonSWCA

you'll need to clip and publish your own copies of those layers in order to enable/sync and offline.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ClayDonaldsonSWCA

you'll need to clip and publish your own copies of those layers in order to enable/sync and offline.

JustinJohnston

I tried to do that, but can't publish it.  I get error 00102: <value> does not contain a required layer type for <value> when analyzing.  

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you trying to run the tool against a Feature Service? Lots of the SSURGO layers are published as map image layers, which would not work as inputs to an overlay tool.

Note that the Living Atlas layer is convenient, but it's not the primary source. You can always go straight to SSURGO for the data.

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/resources/data-and-reports/gridded-soil-survey-geographic-gssurgo-database...

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JustinJohnston

Never mind. I was trying to share as a feature layer and needed to share as tile. Worked now.  Was able to share clips as hosted tile/feature layers. Then was able to enable sync. Then was able to turn on offline maps for use in Field Maps.

cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos