Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted Feature Service - feature template and feature symbology issues

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
AndrewSmeltz
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have an existing hosted feature service that was published with an existing symbology. I use this service in several web maps for offline data collection. In these maps, the symbology matches the existing symbology that was created when the service was published.

Recently, I created a new web map using the save hosted feature service, but I altered the symbology and the feature template (for editing). Now, I have noticed that other maps that use this hosted feature service have "adopted" the new template. I used classic web viewer to correct the feature templates. This seems to have caused 2 problems: 1) I get layer error when I attempt to take it offline, 2) the existing maps have now adopted the new symbology.

Is this a bug? Am I allowed to have 1 feature service that has different symbology and different feature template in different maps? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MaxwellDebellaESRI
Esri Contributor

Hey Andrew,

Do you mind answering some questions so I can get a better understanding of what might be happening? First, when you saved the layer did you just click Save or Save As? Second, is there any specific error message when taking it Offline?

Thanks,

Maxwell

0 Kudos