Hosted Feature Layer Change Log Access

Jump to solution
03-23-2022 12:10 PM
JorgeKappa
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

How do you access this hosted feature layer change log?

JorgeKappa_0-1648062580818.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewRitchie_CoL
New Contributor III

I don't think the info in the previous responses is correct.

From Manage hosted feature layer editing—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

The Keep track of changes to the data (add, update, delete features) option allows custom applications to identify which features have been added, updated, or deleted.

To access the change log, it looks like you need to use the service call:

Extract Changes (Feature Service)—ArcGIS REST APIs | ArcGIS Developers

The extractChanges operation can be used to retrieve changes made to a service with the ChangeTracking capability enabled.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JoelHearne
New Contributor

I second that motion.  I want access to the content of the log and information about the storage usage that the log might be contributing to.  I do not see it referenced in the feature item report.

PaulGiroux1
New Contributor III

+1! ... and so funny, I had just taken the exact same screen shot/highlighted in yellow and was about to post the same question when I found yours.

We have a huge need to audit and track all changes. Having just create and last update doesn't cut the mustard so being able to "View change log" is important (not just "Manage change log"). If only we could see the table, then we could go back and look at what happened in a workflow after several changes to the one record. If this is not available, Esri has to hurry and add this feature pronto (unless it's already available but not obvious - I even poked at the REST and didn't see a function so I'm at a loss).

JorgeKappa
Occasional Contributor

I contacted Support. There is no log as you and I think there is. Creator, CratedDate, Editor, EditDate, etc. is what they call the log.

I got around it by using Attribute Rules, but it doesn't work in ArcGIS Online--I found out the hard way.

I have the solution expression here somewhere if you need it. It writes every edit to every field to a table. You edit a record 10 times, you get 10 entries in the table.

PaulGiroux1
New Contributor III

I would love to get my hands on your expression if/when possible but no rush as I can't implement right away.

0 Kudos
paigenicole214
New Contributor

I would also like the expression! Thank you.

0 Kudos
Terralytics
New Contributor III

@JorgeKappa I'm also really interested in your solution. Is it possible to share it with us?

0 Kudos
AndrewRitchie_CoL
New Contributor III

I don't think the info in the previous responses is correct.

From Manage hosted feature layer editing—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

The Keep track of changes to the data (add, update, delete features) option allows custom applications to identify which features have been added, updated, or deleted.

To access the change log, it looks like you need to use the service call:

Extract Changes (Feature Service)—ArcGIS REST APIs | ArcGIS Developers

The extractChanges operation can be used to retrieve changes made to a service with the ChangeTracking capability enabled.

TBibby
by
New Contributor

There's a youtube video outlining the steps to access the changelog here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60UDhpgBs0 

or search youtube for "How to view and export the Change Log from AGO"

Terralytics
New Contributor III

Perfect, thanks for this solution!

0 Kudos