Having trouble configuring Public Notification Widget in Web AppBuilder

02-12-2018 11:17 AM
deleted-user--MMnVrog9xw_
Occasional Contributor

I am attempting to use the Public Configuration widget in Web AppBuilder on ArcGIS online. I created a web map that contains a map service layer with our county parcels, and then created a Web AppBuilder app from that map. I added the Public Notification widget but when I click on it, it says "No layers with addresses templates popups have been configured". When I go into the configuration no layers show up under the "Address Layers" tab. 

I have configured the popups for the parcels layer with the following expression:

{relationships/0/FULLNAME}
{relationships/0/MAILINGADDRESS}
{relationships/0/CITY}, {relationships/0/STATE}, {relationships/0/ZIPCODE}

This seems to match the screenshot that is in the documentation for the widget but the documentation is pretty vague on how to configure the layer for use with the Mailing notification widget. 

What do I need to do to get the configure the feature layer so that it is usable with the Public Notification Widget?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
24 Replies
Occasional Contributor

I switched to a Feature Server layer and it is working now. Interesting that yours worked with a Map Server though. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

It is a specific layer coming from a Map Server though so in JS API terms it is a FeatureLayer not a whole Map Service.

Occasional Contributor

Right, mine was as well. Although it did have the related table. So maybe related features are supported with Feature Services but not Map Services for the widget? Not sure, but it is working now. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Great, Don't forget to mark this question as answered then.

0 Kudos
MayKao1
New Contributor III

I have the same problem as James but my layers are not in a relationship.

However I do have map service layers instead of feature service layers.

But you said that it shouldn't matter. Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

May,

Are you adding an individual layer of the MapService or the whole map service to the web map?

0 Kudos
MayKao1
New Contributor III

whole map service.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

May,

Try adding a specific layer to your web map from your map service.

MayKao1
New Contributor III

Still can't get map service to work. I gave up and switch over to feature service. Now it's working!

Thanks for your help.

May

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever had an issue where this widget works as expected in 1 browser, but not another?  The widget works fine in Chrome, but I get an Out of Memory error in Internet Explorer 11.

0 Kudos