Geotagged Photos to AGOL Map

03-30-2017 08:15 AM
AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

I have an excel containing over 200 rows of data. Within these rows of data I have LAT/LONG describing where each of these items are located. Each row also contains a path to a geotagged photo. I have uploaded them as a hosted layer but they did not inherit the hyperlink from the path to the picture. Is there a way to upload this data much like a hosted layer but maintaining the hyperlinks within the path to to photos?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It looks like photos are hyperlinked, not geotagged.

If your photos are located on a local machine, and you are trying to share the hyperlinked points with others on ArcGIS Online, it won't work out.

You could upload the photos on ArcGIS Online, share them with public or your organization and update the excel sheet (preferably in CSV format) with the URL of the photos uploaded in ArcGIS Online.

Using Photos stored in ArcGIS Online

Think Location
0 Kudos
AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

Well the photos are geotagged and I know the photos are goetagged because within the photos details contain the lat and long so I might have not explained that clearly.

But that's what I had figured, I was just hoping that there might have been another option. Thanks for your input!   

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the clarification. In that case, please check the various options of adding geotagged photos to your web map.

Think Location
0 Kudos
AndrewMartinez4
New Contributor III

Thanks,

This will be helpful for the future. 

0 Kudos
ConorFlynn
New Contributor III
0 Kudos