GeoForm Update?

10-23-2014 07:17 AM
JerryGarcia1
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone know when and if GeoForm will be updated to include capturing line and polygon data? I see lots of potential in this tool just sad to see it is limited to just point data.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

Hey Jerry, It's on the list of enhancements to implement but may be a while.

RobinPatton1
New Contributor II

I have recorded a request to enhance geoform template with ability to capture #polygons.  I see emphasis on Collector (not great for crowd sourcing) and Survey123 (not great because requires app download).  We'd like to see polygons added to #GeoForms because that options is so easily shared!

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Another option for crowdsourcing lines and polygons is the Crowdsource Reporter web app template

Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS for Local Government 

0 Kudos
RobinPatton1
New Contributor II

Thanks so much for responding. When I "try it", I only see point reports. Do you know where I might see a sample that includes the ability for a reporter to outline an area?

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Robin Patton‌ I don't have one, but it would be fairly easy for you to set up.

1. Create a group in your organization, and create an app from that group. Don't worry about the configuration options for now - you can always come back to them later.

2. Add an editable polygon and/or line layer to a map, save the map, and share it with the group that you created in the previous step.

3. Open the app and sign in to the app using the AGOL sign in button (unless you've also shared the app, map, and layer(s) with Everyone in which case you can use Guest), and submit a report.