Geoform - locate me problem

09-25-2014 06:17 AM
MonikaMolnar
New Contributor II

I have created a web map application using the Geoform template.

When I click the "Locate me" button I get an error message:

"Location could not be found"

Can anyone help me to resolve this?

Many thanks

Monika

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Sometimes your browser gives you a pop-up and asks if you want to share your location. If you don't click this an error will appear.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue with all my Geoforms. I'm not getting a pop-up asking if I want to share location. It just tells me 'location could not be found'. I'm having this issue with iPhone 6 as well as iPad Air tablet.  When I open any other AGOL map I get the pop-up box asking to share location and it locates me.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Wwhat Tim mention could still be the issue.  To check and reset to allow location....

Try going into the Settings of your devices, and you should have an option in Privacy called Location.  Tagat may say ON, bur if you expand that list, you can turn on location services for individual apps.  The actually location in Settings may vary some depending on you iOS.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for this answer. I had to go pretty far into the settings to find the right spot to turn on the location service. I hadn't even thought of checking the privacy settings. But I got it fixed. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

As an extension to what Rebecca and Tim said, it could also be that the browser you are using cannot be used with Geoforms. If adjusting the privacy settings does not work then, if you have not already, try a different browser.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for responding. I have had Geoforms work before so I was very confused as to why it wasn't working now. Luckily the first response I got gave me what I needed to solve the issue. But thanks for the idea of a different browser. I'm going to look into that to see if I can find a better browser than Safari. I've just used it out of laziness.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

For what it's worth, I have both Safari and Chrome installed on my iPad.  Like on desktops, it seems different browsers work better for different situations.  ​ 

0 Kudos