Geoform geocoder service

04-05-2016 11:36 AM
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

I am working with the geoform template and cant seem to get our geocoder service to work. can anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction? i have been searching in the configs but cant seem to find were to specify my service url.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Since the GeoForm exists in ArcGIS Online, if you configure your utility service with your own geocoder it should be used in the GeoForm application.

Configure utility services—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Jake. Sorry i forgot to mention that i have downloaded and deployed the template on my web server. I have been able to specify my app id, and layer id from AGOL in the template code using the example at https://github.com/Esri/geoform-template-js

Like you mentioned i have configured my utility service on AGOL  account to use our geocoder service as default.

If i view the geoform app through my AGOL account the geocoder works as intended, but my version that is actually hosted on my server is still using the esri world geocoder.

Here is my geoform if you want to check it out. feel free to add data to it.

http://dev.evansvilleapc.com/permitform/index.html?appid=fbb4ad21436b4fcea49f86ba67b4b01a

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You may want to follow up with Tech Support on this.  In the Default.js file there is a 'geocode' parameter you can set.  I set this to another geocoding service, but still the application is not successfully reading it.  I thinking this may be a bug, but I'm not positive. 

MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Jake, Thanks again for taking a look.

I know this seems like a silly question but what is the easiest way to report bugs?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Ryan,

To report bugs, contact technical support: Contact Tech Support

-Kelly

KUMBIRAIMATINGO2
New Contributor

Hi everyone. I am also facing the same issue and found out this post from 5 years ago. Any solution that now exists for this? My own geocoder does not seem to work too. 

0 Kudos