Select to view content in your preferred language

Form Design not allowing editing of calculated expressions

12-13-2023 07:09 AM
DamonBreen
Regular Contributor

Not sure if this belongs in Field Maps board or AGOL board, but I have a couple of Field Maps forms that I'm building in AGOL. I have multiple layers, all on the same hosted feature layer. All settings are the same as far as I'm aware for both of the layers that I am playing with currently. I have one line layer called "Main" and a point layer called "Fitting". I'm building in auto-incrementing IDs for each of these layers, and was able to test and get the Main id system working. I switched to work on the fitting layer, and after my first expression was written, I lost the ability to edit the calculated expressions. the three dots that you would select to "edit arcade" are just missing. They are still there for all of my other layers, and the only layer that seems to be affected is the fitting layer. This is making it very difficult to test what I am doing, as I cannot open the expression back up to edit anything. Has anyone seen this before? It is driving me mad! Screenshots from the same screen on different layers attached. I have tried this in both the field maps designer module, and from the "Forms" section in map viewer. They both yield the same results.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Damon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @DamonBreen

I haven’t seen this issue come up before. I have a couple of suggestions you could try.

1. Could you try using a different browser (Chrome, Firefox)?
  2. Could you try clearing the cache on your browser and see if it persists?
  3. Could you open the Map in Field Maps Designer and see if you are able to edit the arcade expression there?

If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to support to log it as a bug. If you can share your map and data that could really help us to identify the problem.

0 Kudos
DamonBreen
Regular Contributor

1. I usually use Chrome, but I tried Firefox just now and the problem persisted.

2. That was also the first thing I thought of, and it did not help

3. I was unable to edit the expression in Field Maps Designer. That is where I originally drafted all of the expressions for this map. Trying it in the New Map Viewer was the alternative.

Later in the day yesterday, I went back into the map and created another expression, and this one allowed me to edit it after. I have now added 3 more expressions all with success. The original 2 I added yesterday morning are still not allowing me to edit or delete. Very odd.

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @DamonBreen

I'm glad it seems to be working for you now, with the exception of those expressions that you still cannot edit. If it comes up again, please do reach out to support so we can investigate and resolve any bugs that could be causing this. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos