Filtering Data in AGOL Web Map

08-11-2014 11:33 AM
StevenKincaid
New Contributor III

I am creating filters in my ArcGIS Online web map for crime related data and so far I have been able to set filters for type of crime, month, and year.  I have been able to publish this to the Filter Web Map Application and it recognizes the filters I have set.   I would like to now add more functionality to my filters and instead of limiting the user to see one specific crime type for a month and year, I would like to have a choice to show all crimes for a specified month and year without having to create an additional web map and web map application.  Please see the attached image of my initial filter setup.

Thank you,

Steve

GIS Analyst

City of Redding

FilterQuestion.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Have a look at the description you'll find in the Help topic: Applying filters

Scroll down to "Considerations for creating and working with filters". It seems that instead of "All" you can use "Any".

StevenKincaid
New Contributor III

I have tried that as an option, and although it will show all the crimes, I still need to be able to pick individual crime types to display and hide all others.  I can't find anywhere an option for a user of this web map application to switch between "Any" and "All".  I will continue to play with my filter configuration.

Thank you for the response

0 Kudos