Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps Error Code 3057

1310
3
Jump to solution
09-23-2022 01:53 PM
ChrisstianSandoval28
New Contributor II

Hey guys I am working on the Field Maps app and one of my layers keeps giving me the same error below. When I check ArcGIS Online the layer works but not in the app. Any Idea what it could be causing the problem?

 

Map:

CT

Layer:
Name of my Layer

Domain:
ARCGIS_RUNTIME

Code:
3057

Description:
Geodatabase reserved name.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

The error code is indicating that a field name is a reserved keyword. Some words like 'DATE', 'DELETE' or 'TRUNCATE' should not be used as field names as they are incompatible with databases. There is a strong chance that you have such a keyword in your layer.

ArcGIS Online would have a different underlying database to ArcGIS Field Maps. Some keyword restrictions would only manifest in one or the other, not both. General best practice is to avoid a list of keywords to ensure you don't have issues when data is moved around e.g. to a SQL server, file geodatabase, shapefile...

Take a look through your fields. Here are a couple of lists that may help:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000010906

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/tool-reference/tool-errors-and-warnings/010001-020000/tool-err...

Please don't forget the kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

ChrisstianSandoval28
New Contributor II

I actually re-created the layer using ArcGIS Online. Once I put it on the Fields Maps App I no longer got the error message. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

The error code is indicating that a field name is a reserved keyword. Some words like 'DATE', 'DELETE' or 'TRUNCATE' should not be used as field names as they are incompatible with databases. There is a strong chance that you have such a keyword in your layer.

ArcGIS Online would have a different underlying database to ArcGIS Field Maps. Some keyword restrictions would only manifest in one or the other, not both. General best practice is to avoid a list of keywords to ensure you don't have issues when data is moved around e.g. to a SQL server, file geodatabase, shapefile...

Take a look through your fields. Here are a couple of lists that may help:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000010906

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/tool-reference/tool-errors-and-warnings/010001-020000/tool-err...

Please don't forget the kudos 🙂

ChrisstianSandoval28
New Contributor II

I actually re-created the layer using ArcGIS Online. Once I put it on the Fields Maps App I no longer got the error message. 

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update. I suspect something was off with the original layer - possible the field name or a data corruption. Would need to know more about the data formatting and how it was originally created. If the issue persists or reoccurs feel free to share.

0 Kudos