Field Maps Arcade - FeatureSetByPortalItem - Failed to calculate (Object failed to load, unable to execute task)

11-25-2022 12:15 AM
Labels (2)
LarsChristianØstgaard
New Contributor III

Hi

I have created a Arcade Expression for Field Calculation in Field Maps to autopopulate the address.

Im using FeatureSetByPortalItem to get featureSet from a public Norwegian Address service (called Matrikkel) and I'm getting the closest address.

Im currently on a ArcGIS portal: https://kraftnett.maps.arcgis.com/ and Field Maps App v. 22.4.0 and iOS 16.1.1

When I test the expression in the Field Maps Expression builder I get the correct result.

When I use Map Viewer to submit a SmartForm it also work and gives me the correct result.

But when I try to submit the form in the Field Maps Mobile App I get the error message failed to calculate, and The Field Maps log gives me this error message

28/11/2022, 14:22 Expression failed to evaluate:

Name: expr/getclosestaddress0

Error: Error Domain=com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error Code=15 "Invalid call." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Object failed to load, unable to execute task., NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid call., Additional Message=Object failed to load, unable to execute task.}

Does Field Maps Field autofilling support the FeatureSetByPortalItem function?

ArcadeEditor gives me correct result:

ArcadeEditor ok.png

SmartForm in Map Viewer gives me correct result:

Arcade MapViewer ok.png

Field Maps Mobile App gives error message failed to calculate:

There is no problem in getting the location in the form.

Arcade FieldMaps not ok.jpg

The Field Maps log gives me this error message: 

28/11/2022, 14:22 Expression failed to evaluate:

Name: expr/getclosestaddress0

Error: Error Domain=com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error Code=15 "Invalid call." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Object failed to load, unable to execute task., NSLocalizedDescription=Invalid call., Additional Message=Object failed to load, unable to execute task.}

Im using this expression: 

//GetClosestAddress
//Date || User || Version || Description
//25.11.2022 || LAROST || v1 || Arcade created
//SourceName: Matrikkel (Oversikt)
//Source URL: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ce048cc436d247afab84f0983af371c8
//LayerId: 0. AdressePunkt (PointLayer)
//LayerId: 5. DekTeigFlate (PolygonLayer)
var searchDist = 200;
var matrikkel = FeatureSetByPortalItem(Portal('https://www.arcgis.com'),'ce048cc436d247afab84f0983af371c8',5,['*'],true);
//var matrikkel = FeatureSetById($map, "GeomapMatrikkel - DekTeigFlate")

Console("Total number of addresses in Matrikkel:" + Count(matrikkel));

var addresses = Intersects(matrikkel, Buffer($feature, searchDist, "meters"));
var cnt = Count(addresses)
Console("Total Number of addresses within buffer:" + cnt);

if (cnt > 0) {
    var nearestaddress;
    var min_dist = 250;
        for (var f in addresses){
        var addressDist = Round(Distance(f, $feature, "meters"),2);
        if (addressDist < min_dist) {
            nearestaddress = f.ADRESSE + ", " + f.POSTNR + " " + f.POSTNAVN;
            min_dist = addressDist;
}
Console(f.ADRESSE + ", " + f.POSTNR + " " + f.POSTNAVN + ": " + " " + addressDist + "m away");

}
return nearestaddress;

} else {
    // no features found in buffer
    return "N/A"
}

I have used some of this information.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/using-arcade-to-find-the-nearest-address-point...

Can someone help me with this? Appreciate all help I can get 

@XanderBakker? @Anonymous User?

6 Replies
hgnudas
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue on my end. Hopefully someone from ESRI can respond soon!

CarlosHenderson
New Contributor II

Im receiving the same error when trying to Navigate to a point

JoeEastman1
New Contributor II

I am having the exact same issue, but only on iOS. Looks like you're using iOS as well. Have you tested on Android to see if you get the same error? It works for me on Android but not iOS.

MeghanBlair
New Contributor III

Has this been resolved? I am experiencing the same issue

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@MeghanBlair @JoeEastman1 @CarlosHenderson @hgnudas @LarsChristianØstgaard  I am now having this same issue.  Anybody find out a workaround?

0 Kudos
MeghanBlair
New Contributor III

From my experience with Field Maps- calling a feature by PortalID or PortalName doesn't work. You have to use $map or $feature. I haven't been able to find documentation on this, but if you use the same expression with $map it should work.