Feature Layer 'Allow Null Values' option disappears

Jump to solution
06-03-2021 12:47 AM
Labels (3)
burrkim
New Contributor III

Hello,

Urgent request here! 

When creating Fields in the Feature Layer online it is very temperamental, some fields allow me to check the "Allow Null Values" option and others don't. Created exactly the same way. This option is imperative for the survey I'm working on. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-19 at 15.57.11.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-05-19 at 16.04.17.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

According to Add a Field (ArcGIS Online)

If the hosted feature layer does not contain data, you can uncheck Allow Null Values if you want to be sure editors always supply a value for the new field when adding features or updating attributes.

This option is not available if the layer contains data, and the new field will allow null values.

Think Location

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

According to Add a Field (ArcGIS Online)

If the hosted feature layer does not contain data, you can uncheck Allow Null Values if you want to be sure editors always supply a value for the new field when adding features or updating attributes.

This option is not available if the layer contains data, and the new field will allow null values.

Think Location
burrkim
New Contributor III

You're right, I'd added a few points so it wouldn't allow me to create these columns. 

Thanks

0 Kudos