Experience Builder Layer Login In

Jump to solution
06-10-2022 05:30 AM
ScottJackson337
New Contributor

I have a map with many public viewable layers and a few layers that require login. I wanted to develop an application that contains only 1. This map needs top be able to open to the public with those layers that require login into hidden until the user selects a sign in button. 

Example, Map opens with the public layers available by users without ArcGIS online login. The remaining login layers will be accessible by the login option. However, when I build an app with this map and share it, it always require the credential for both public user and organization group users to access the app. But I have wanted to public users can see without login with ArcGIS credential.

I was wondering in the Experience builder is there any way to prepare one application where the public layers can see without login and the remaining  layers can see with login. This needs to be a COTS application.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The most restrictive sharing settings in the "chain" of items will always determine the application behavior.

Public App + Public Map + Private Layer = Sign-in Required

The only way you could get this to work is to use two separate maps, and two different tabs or pages in your Experience. We do that for some of ours, where there is a "public" tab and an "internal" tab. The Experience defaults to the public tab, which does not require sign-in, but when a user clicks over to the "internal" tab, they are required to sign in at that point.

This, of course, requires editing two maps every time a user wants to see some change to symbology, popups, etc., but it's not something that happens often.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The most restrictive sharing settings in the "chain" of items will always determine the application behavior.

Public App + Public Map + Private Layer = Sign-in Required

The only way you could get this to work is to use two separate maps, and two different tabs or pages in your Experience. We do that for some of ours, where there is a "public" tab and an "internal" tab. The Experience defaults to the public tab, which does not require sign-in, but when a user clicks over to the "internal" tab, they are required to sign in at that point.

This, of course, requires editing two maps every time a user wants to see some change to symbology, popups, etc., but it's not something that happens often.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos