Error Running Analysis Tools

03-09-2021 04:47 PM
vatovect
New Contributor II

I have tried several basic analysis tool functions on different computers and browsers and each time I get a generic 'error' message. No code, nothing. I was on with tech support for an hour and they could not identify a problem and chalked it up to 'bad data' in the lesson I was trying to run. I have since tried different tools and lessons and still the same generic error code. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you share the steps followed (for any 1 workflow) along with the screenshot of the error?

Also share if you are using an organizational account, and the what user-type and role do you have? Could you also check the remaining service credits for the user/organization?

Think Location
0 Kudos
vatovect
New Contributor II

Hi. I have been trying to run the analysis in Getting Started with Spatial Analysis and Using GIS to Solve Problems. I am an administrator for my organization and am signed in under my organization account. I have plenty of tokens. Attached are shots of the analysis in Getting Started with Spatial Analysis analysis. Getting Started with Spatial Analysis.pngGetting Started with Spatial Analysis-1.pngGetting Started with Spatial Analysis-2.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am just trying to ensure that you have followed the steps properly.

Did you open the following webmap?

Jayanta_Poddar_0-1615356716515.png

Analysis > Use Proximity > Find Nearest parameters look like this?

Jayanta_Poddar_1-1615356895380.png

Jayanta_Poddar_2-1615356949918.png

Clicking on Show Credits, gives you this dialog box

Jayanta_Poddar_3-1615357026634.png

The tool has run perfectly for me. So, no issue with the data.

Jayanta_Poddar_4-1615357394423.png

Think Location
0 Kudos
vatovect
New Contributor II

Yes, I have followed the steps and once again, received a generic error, attached below. 

I have students in a course I am teaching who are also unable to run an analysis - they receive the same error. 

I have checked all permissions and credits and cannot figure out why this function will not work. 

screenshot-hwick-maps-arcgis-com-home-webmap-viewer-html-1615377087975.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried to execute the steps on a personal laptop outside your organization's network/domain?

Think Location
0 Kudos
vatovect
New Contributor II

Hello. I just sent you a PM. 

I have run AGO on my personal computer and my work laptop with the same result. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It looks like the issue is related to the Analysis tools for your organizational account. Please contact your local Esri representative and ask him to escalate the case to Esri Global team. 

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

I get similar from time to time--exactly when I am on a deadline.  Analysis tools simply don't complete.  You can leave them all night, still won't complete.  Even a mundane calculation like a drive time will hang...no errror message, just the rotating cursor next to the greyed out new layer the function is creating. Logging in or out, sometimes helps, sometimes not.  Can happen at work on any of my various computers, or at home on my Mac.  Firefox and Chrome...when it happens...it happens...and very frustrating.

Did you ever get a good answer to your query?

0 Kudos
vatovect
New Contributor II

After nearly 7 weeks of back and forth with ESRI tech people, they were able to get the analysis functions to work for the web GIS app. It was very frustrating and there was no satisfactory reason why it did not work. I would rather not use ERSI but that is not my call. Here is hoping it goes better for my class in the spring!

0 Kudos