Select to view content in your preferred language

Error Accessing Data from new Survey123 Form

Jump to solution
04-04-2022 11:37 AM
JovanaB
New Contributor III

Whenever I publish a new Survey123 Connect form, I am getting the same "accessing data failed" error message when trying to open the feature in AGOL Map Viewer. At first I thought it was my survey or questions/answers at hand. But even when I publish a generic form from "advanced template" with the example questions without submitting any survey responses, I am getting the same error message. I am using Survey123 Connect, version 3.14.261

Note that this error does not happen when I publish from Survey123 for Web.

JovanaB_0-1649097394439.png

0 Kudos
23 Replies
RaquelBensadoun
New Contributor II

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? This started happening to me today and I can't find a resolution.

0 Kudos
JovanaB
New Contributor III

In some way yes. I contacted ESRI support and this is a known bug.

ESRI support recommended the following workaround to my issue:
"

1. Create a new web map and add the hosted service. If that doesn't work please try option 2.
  2. Open the Survey123 App Launcher.
    • Navigate to the Collaborate > Share Survey tab
    • Under the 'Who can submit to this survey?', please change the sharing permissions with Everyone.
    • Under the 'What can submitters do?', please change the option to Only add new records.
    • Save the changes. 
      • You can change the 'What can submitters do?' back to Add, update, and delete records, and the error should disappear. "
0 Kudos
RaquelBensadoun
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply! This didn't work for me - but sharing the results with the organization created the _stakeholder layer and that layer works, although the original still does not 😞 hopefully this bug gets fixed soon!

0 Kudos
ReillyParsons1
New Contributor

Hi Jovana,

I just had this same problem come up for me. I didnt see anyone mention it here but to solve it I had to add a description and summary to my survey in Survey 123 connect. Unlike publishing from desktop, survey 123 connect didn't give me any warnings about this.   

Hopefully this helps someone in the future!