Error Accessing Data from new Survey123 Form

Jump to solution
04-04-2022 11:37 AM
JovanaB
New Contributor III

Whenever I publish a new Survey123 Connect form, I am getting the same "accessing data failed" error message when trying to open the feature in AGOL Map Viewer. At first I thought it was my survey or questions/answers at hand. But even when I publish a generic form from "advanced template" with the example questions without submitting any survey responses, I am getting the same error message. I am using Survey123 Connect, version 3.14.261

Note that this error does not happen when I publish from Survey123 for Web.

JovanaB_0-1649097394439.png

0 Kudos
23 Replies
JovanaB
New Contributor III

We have tried all that - deleted old surveys, created new ones, published from 3 different desktops (all on Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit), downloaded Survey123 Connect x64 from both the Microsoft Store and AGOL downloads section, and tested in Chrome and Edge. Same issue.

I am thinking this is a bug with the latest Survey123 Connect version. Thanks for your suggestions Amanda!

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

You're welcome!  I hope you find the issue.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
BrookeAumann
New Contributor III

We are getting the same error but it's related to a published feature service and nothing to do with survey 123. We updated the data and it doesn't "stick" and when we try to access via the map viewer classic attribute table to update it throws accessing data failed like above.

We've never had this issue before and it looks like it just popped up this week. 

0 Kudos
DavidKramar2
New Contributor II

I run into the same problem. I cannot view the Survey123 data in the online map viewer UNLESS I choose to open in Map Viewer Classic with Full Editing Control. That's great until you want to make a Web Map or use it in an application - then the data no longer appear. It is definitely a bug that needs/should be addressed. I can confirm no illegal characters in my field names as well.

0 Kudos
MahdyRmd
New Contributor

After you select Open in Map Viewer Classic with Full Editing Control, can the data from the 123 connect survey be displayed when creating a web application? how come it still can't be displayed on mine

0 Kudos
MahdyRmd
New Contributor

Dear JovanaB

Have you found a solution? 

0 Kudos
JovanaB
New Contributor III

@MahdyRmd  - I contacted ESRI support and this is a known bug with ESRI. The only workaround I found was to publish using an earlier version of Survey123 (I used v3.3.51). 

ESRI support recommended the following workaround to my issue:
"

1. Create a new web map and add the hosted service. If that doesn't work please try option 2.
  2. Open the Survey123 App Launcher.
    • Navigate to the Collaborate > Share Survey tab
    • Under the 'Who can submit to this survey?', please change the sharing permissions with Everyone.
    • Under the 'What can submitters do?', please change the option to Only add new records.
    • Save the changes. 
      • You can change the 'What can submitters do?' back to Add, update, and delete records, and the error should disappear. "
JordanHolt
New Contributor III

How were you able to revert to an earlier version of Survey123. I am running into the exact same problem since I updated to the most recent version of Survey123.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RaquelBensadoun
New Contributor II

I was able to find a previously downloaded exe with an old version on an old computer and used that, I tried looking for older versions on the My Esri downloads but couldn't find it. In the end, what resolved the issue was setting it up so that a _stakeholder layer was created and the stakeholder and view layers work to display the data, but the original layer still doesn't.

0 Kudos
JovanaB
New Contributor III

We had an older version loaded on one of the computers in our organization and tried it on there. I too looked online and could not find an old version to download from unfortunately. Sounds like what @RaquelBensadoun found to work for her might be a solution for the time being if you cant find an older version of Survey123.

0 Kudos