Select to view content in your preferred language

Error: Access not allowed request Code: 403 Experience Builder

05-20-2020 01:37 AM
TereziaBecker
Emerging Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to add a Feature Layer (add Data) in Experience Builder but I become an Error : 

Error: Access not allowed request
Code: 403

it happens only by Feature Layer, for example Webmaps are working normally. 

I tried to add any of Layers not only from My Content.

https://...../server/rest/services/hosted/lk_auswertung_layer/featureserver/sharing/rest//oauth2/authorize?client_id=..........&response_type=token&expiration=20160&redirect_uri=https.......

Any Idea why it happens?

Thanks

9 Replies
MarkJames
Occasional Contributor

Terezia Becker

Did you get a resolution to this error?  We are experiencing the same issue.  We just upgraded to 10.8.1.  We can also add a web map that contains the same feature layer without any errors.

0 Kudos
TereziaBecker
Emerging Contributor

Hi Mark,

unfortunately not. We were also in contact with ESRI tech. support, but till now we could not be able to solve this problem. Sorry..

0 Kudos
LukeNeumann
New Contributor

any updates here? i'm running into it as well after upgrading to 10.8.1

0 Kudos
CraigWeber
New Contributor

I also ran into this problem yesterday - hoping there's a solution. I'm able to add Feature Layers from external servers, but not from my own Portal/Enterprise. 

0 Kudos
LisaG
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I hope everyone is having a great day. Please note that this error is caused by a defect with Experience Builder in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.  

• BUG-000134713 : In Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1, adding a secured feature layer to ArcGIS Experience Builder fails, and returns the following error message, "Error: Access not allowed request, Code: 403.
  • Fixed in version 10.9.
  • This issue occurs with feature layers that are secured (not shared with everyone)
  • Workaround:
    • 1) Share the secured service publicly (with everyone).
    • 2) Add the service in ArcGIS Experience Builder.
    • 3) Revert the service to a secured service.

Let me know if you have any questions and I am always happy to help!

0 Kudos
LisaG
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I hope everyone is having a great day. Please note that this error is caused by a defect with Experience Builder in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.  

• BUG-000134713 : In Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1, adding a secured feature layer to ArcGIS Experience Builder fails, and returns the following error message, "Error: Access not allowed request, Code: 403.
  • Fixed in version 10.9.
  • This issue occurs with feature layers that are secured (not shared with everyone)
  • Workaround:

Let me know if you have any questions and I am always happy to help!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

Please note that this error is caused by a defect with Experience Builder in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1.

• Fixed in version 10.9.
  • Workaround:
AlyssaManoa
Emerging Contributor

Hi, I ran into this same issue yesterday. How do I know if I'm using 10.8.1 versus 10.9 ?

0 Kudos
LisaG
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi Alyssa, here is a trick on how to check what Portal version you have:

1. Go to Portal home
  2. Right click anywhere on the page > Inspect 
  3. Note that you will see either 10.8.1 or 10.9 in the html

Example:

LisaG_0-1633125410098.png

0 Kudos