ERROR 001270: Consolidating the data failed.

07-30-2012 07:43 AM
YimanSong
New Contributor III
I got this error when I try to publish a tiled map service to ArcGIS Online through ArcMap. Does anyone know why?
Tags (2)
61 Replies
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
I was also wracking my brain, and figured out I had a dbf file attached to my mxd.  Once I removed that the error went away.

Hope it helps someone!
NayrahIslamovic
New Contributor

Thanks Frank for the tip... I had the same issue as Inga! And as soon as they were removed it uploaded!

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the wisdom Frank. A colleague had built a map and wanted it published. I had no idea a dbf file was there until I read your post. Thanks-a-ton.

0 Kudos
IngaPlayle
New Contributor II
I was also wracking my brain, and figured out I had a dbf file attached to my mxd.  Once I removed that the error went away.

Hope it helps someone!

Thanks Frank! You helped me.  I had the error, checked for dbfs and found I had some csvs in the mxd.  Once I removed them the service published.

I appreciate the time you took to write your solution on the forum.

Cheers,
Inga
DonaldLund
New Contributor II
If you are using any shapefiles that you named using hyphens it will bork the process and produce this error. If you are publishing from ArcMap, right click each layer, select properties, select the source tab, and check the shapefile name. If you lost your mind and decided hyphens were easier to type than underscores, like I did (hopefully it was temporary insanity), export the layer, rename it using underscores, add it to the map, and remove the original.
0 Kudos
EricElder
New Contributor III

We found the error to be related to a file (tif) that had a file attribute of AT.  The problem was the T portion, which refers to "Temporary."  To remove the temporary portion we ran a PowerShell script:

PS C:\> Get-childitem D:\Data -recurse | ForEach-Object -process {if (($_.attributes -band 0x100) -eq 0x100) {$_.attributes = ($_.attributes -band 0xFEFF)}}

This script removes the temporary from all files in the folder.  Here is the link to the PowerShell solution:

Attrib - Edit file attributes | Windows CMD | SS64.com

0 Kudos
jessemaps
Occasional Contributor

I had the same error when attempting to publish from a shapefile data source that had # symbols in the attribute names. Just changing the field aliases didn't help - I had to move all the attributes to new fields without # symbols in the name and delete the old fields and then it worked.

0 Kudos
RichardJansen
New Contributor III

Just today i found out that the use of a 9.3 personal database gives the same error. Converting your database to the newest version in catalog solves the problem.

I hope this helps some of you.

0 Kudos
BrianBaldwin
Esri Regular Contributor

I saved my MXD, closed it, reopened, and then it published...not sure what the issue is either.

-----------------------------------

Brian Baldwin, Esri Inc., Lead Solution Engineer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/baldwinbrian
0 Kudos
DominickCisson
Occasional Contributor

We had an MXD with 17 layers, all with attachments, in SDE that would not publish. I moved everything into a local File GDB, republished, and it went through.  It would appear there are a number of potential stumbling blocks to this, and the "Consolidating the Data Failed" error message is a catch-all for many of them.

0 Kudos