Entering a date in the query widget

Jump to solution
02-28-2022 07:48 AM
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to enter a date in the 'Query' widget in Web AppBuilder, other than by using the pull down calendar. My users want to query dates in the 40s and 50s, and at present this necessitates clicking back a year at a time i.e. over 70 clicks each to set the two 'between' dates? Is there no way to just enter a date instead?

Ta

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SimonCrutchley

Hi folks,

Since no-one has replied to this, I guess it's either so obvious and I've missed it, or no-one else has the issue because they don't use data with a large date range and it's hence not an issue.

Anyway, in case anyone does need it and they haven't already thought of an answer, I have found a workaround.

I began by creating three new fields 'DateT', 'Year' and 'Month'. Using 'Calculate field' I copied Date into DateT, formatted as a Text field. Then using the 'Right' and 'Left' functions in Arcade, I stripped out the last four characters for the year and the middle two for the month. It was then simply a case of using the 'Query' to search 'Between' the 'Year's and 'Is any' from a 'multiple defined' pick list for the month. It's not ideal, but allows someone looking for anything from a specific year like 1945 to do so without having to scroll through 70 years of calendars.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SimonCrutchley

Hi folks,

Since no-one has replied to this, I guess it's either so obvious and I've missed it, or no-one else has the issue because they don't use data with a large date range and it's hence not an issue.

Anyway, in case anyone does need it and they haven't already thought of an answer, I have found a workaround.

I began by creating three new fields 'DateT', 'Year' and 'Month'. Using 'Calculate field' I copied Date into DateT, formatted as a Text field. Then using the 'Right' and 'Left' functions in Arcade, I stripped out the last four characters for the year and the middle two for the month. It was then simply a case of using the 'Query' to search 'Between' the 'Year's and 'Is any' from a 'multiple defined' pick list for the month. It's not ideal, but allows someone looking for anything from a specific year like 1945 to do so without having to scroll through 70 years of calendars.

0 Kudos