Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing not possible for hosted feature layer view

Jump to solution
06-27-2022 06:10 AM
RonParis
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a hosted feature layer view that I need editing enabled for. I tick the boxes as normal to enable the editing (full add/delete/update), however when adding this view to a mapview, editing is not possible. I also have full editing for the associated hosted feature layer.

Additionally, it was once possible to go to the service url of the feature service view and enter "Create,Delete,Query,Update,Editing,Sync,ChangeTracking" here, however this appears to make no difference when doing this now.

It's worth noting the hosted feature layer has been in agol since 2019, and other feature services I have are experiencing the same problem. This surfaced when agol went through an update last week.

TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonParis
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Lindsay I was advised by ESRI to republish the feature service like yourself unfortunately

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

hi josh - have you tried republishing the service with a new name?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
RonParis
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ABishop,

This isn't an option unfortunately. When I do publish other feature services though, enabling editing of view layers works fine.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

it sounds like your current hosted feature service is corrupted.  I would consult with ESRI support to resolve it.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
Lindsay
Occasional Contributor

@RonParis I'm having a similar issue to you. I've been working with a feature service the last couple of months. I've been making views from it. Editing is enabled at both levels. I switched out some dropdown options in one of the fields today, and now any new views I create aren't showing up in edit in Map Viewer and the create form icon does not show up. Did you find a solution or work around for this?

Lindsay
Occasional Contributor

I wasn't able to solve this, so had to republish. For future learnings, if anyone does find a solution to this, it'd be great if they could post here.

0 Kudos
RonParis
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Lindsay I was advised by ESRI to republish the feature service like yourself unfortunately

0 Kudos
Lindsay
Occasional Contributor

Roger. Thanks for your reply @RonParis .

0 Kudos
luckachi
Occasional Contributor III

Currently experiencing this issue as well. I'd prefer a better option but would someone be able to provide me with the safest/best method for republishing  hosted feature layers so that I do not loose any records or attachments?

0 Kudos