Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Legend Materials in AGOL

06-26-2024 01:32 PM
Labels (1)
JustinH
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone- 

I am trying to make some interactive maps in EB but need to edit the legends through AGOL. It seems that if you symbolize using a data range it will include a vector polygon element in the legend. This is redundant and not useful. I want to remove them! I put a box around the element I am talking about in the photo below. My work around before is to classify the data but I would rather not... 

Any suggestions are helpful! Thank you. 

2024-06-26 14_28_39-Regional Stock Flux Explorer.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, that's just the way the legends are; you don't get to configure them to that extent.

If you knew that the bounds of your data range wouldn't change, you could just create a static image of the color ramp and make your "legend" from an image widget. Hacky, but it could work.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JustinH
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, Josh. It could be nice to have more legend freedom in AGOL. I can maybe try a screenshot input to the legends in EB... Hopefully they are not distorted on different screens! 

0 Kudos
JustinH
New Contributor III

JustinH_0-1719508799329.png

Unfortunately the screenshot is not preserving high res text. Honestly to be able to switch the orientation of the legend in the card style would be helpful... It just makes it confusing to have the vector image as the first card in the legend when the map is displaying the color ramp! 

JustinH_1-1719508877225.png

0 Kudos