Editing aspects of a published feature service

07-13-2015 11:30 AM
debstone
New Contributor II

Hello All,

I am in the process of creating a geodatabase with related layers for my job where staff use Collector to gather data out in the field.  We are currently testing it out and there are already a few improvements I would like to make, while keeping the data that has been entered so far.  However, I am pretty new to Collector and AGOL and the only way I've found to make these changes so far is time consuming and a headache.  If I export the feature service to a geodatabase, the structure and relationships are different than the original file geodatabase I built.  I couldn't find a way to import the new data into my original database, so my process to date has been deleting the original shapefiles, replacing them with the new versions and then having to re-create all the relationships.  There has to be a better way!

The general changes I am looking for are: adding, re-naming or re-arranging fields; adding to or re-arranging the items in a domain; and creating or editing relationships.

Currently, we are using 10.2 and can't update to 10.3 until the end of the year, but we are setting up a virtual computer so I can use 10.3 soon.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Deb

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies