Dynamic labelling in ArcGIS Online

10-19-2016 06:34 AM
deleted-user-yUw6wWKCYBY0
New Contributor III

I have a hosted Feature Layer within a web map in ArcGIS Online which I shared from ArcMap. I've created labels in my web map but there doesn't appear to be any way to adjust placement properties. Where two labels occur close together, rather than applying a conflict resolution and placing them both, one of the labels is removed from the map. What's the simplest way around this? I want all of my feature labels to display at the country scale - is it possible?

11 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

This is EXACTLY the issue I'm facing now. I want the labels to move within the area visible on the screen so if the feature is there, the label is there.

Unless I'm missing something new, this still seems to be a missing very basic functionality in the Online environment.

JenHorsman
New Contributor II

This is also what I want to accomplish. I would like to force the labels to always be visible. One workaround we came up with for our line dataset is to split the features into multiple features with a maximum size so that the labels will *mostly* be visible. It still doesn't make them visible always.

0 Kudos