Dynamic Instant Auto Updating Arcade Expressions - Kind of Working

01-08-2024 02:53 AM
Labels (3)
tiztrain
Occasional Contributor

Hey all,

I was recently demonstrating a layer that I was building when I noticed that an arcade expression that I had built and was using in the popup title was dynamically instant updating as soon as you clicked out a field. My users loved this feature as they could instantly see what total percentage, the form was completed while editing. The example below is a small subset as there are a lot of fields in the total form:

tiztrain_0-1704709789502.png   

tiztrain_2-1704709852413.png

At some point I overwrote the service and could not get this functionality back. Took me a while to figure out how to get this working:

1. Build the expression in Pro and add it to the title of your popup and publish the service.
  2. In Map Viewer form builder, the most important step, DO NOT click 'Convert a popup' otherwise this functionality does not work. Configure your form manually by 'Adding All' or adding whatever fields you need. tiztrain_3-1704710352602.png
    • Do not touch the title, if you edit the title you will not get the instant calculation working and will need to reset the layer to original.

Now the question, should this be logged as a BUG or feature request or something else? 

0 Kudos
0 Replies