Select to view content in your preferred language

Dropdown filter ARCGIS Online Dashboard

Jump to solution
Wednesday
Labels (3)
CallahanWalker
New Contributor II

Hey guys, I am wanting to create an interactive filter in my ARCGIS Online Dashboard. I want to be able to filter in and out of specific values in a field. For instance if I had a field for home type, I want have a dropdown list that filters the data on the map. If I click single family homes, I want to only see the single family homes on the map. Is this possible and if so, what is my best option?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You can use a Category Selector to do this. You will need to first add a Header or Sidebar element, and then the selector to that. 

- Jen

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You can use a Category Selector to do this. You will need to first add a Header or Sidebar element, and then the selector to that. 

- Jen
CallahanWalker
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for this. I have a field in my data that contains numbers. I want to create a slider that will filter the map to only the range of values that are currently being filtered. Whenever I try to add a number selector, I don't see anywhere to choose a field to filter. Do you know how to do this or if it's even possible?Screenshot 2024-06-20 121329.pngScreenshot 2024-06-20 121414.pngScreenshot 2024-06-20 121426.png

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

The actions will only show fields with the field type of Integer. Can you check to ensure that field is stored as an integer and not a string?

- Jen
CallahanWalker
New Contributor II

I have multiple fields that are integers, but for some reason I don't see the data tab when trying to add a number selector. Feature LayerFeature Layer

MapMap

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

So when you're setting up your Actions, if you hit that Filter dropdown there are no fields to choose from?

JenniferAcunto_0-1718905602534.png

You don't pick a field in the selector, instead you apply it to fields via the Actions. 

- Jen
CallahanWalker
New Contributor II

I think I figured it out... maybe. I changed the "Limits From" from defined values to statistics. Did I do that correctly? Statistics?Statistics?

I see that I can apply it to fields in Actions, but I am confused by that. If I am wanting to filter all of the indicators I made and all of the points on the map, based on the specific range I currently have chose, isn't that what I would use actions for? 

ActionsActions

I guess I was just confused because on the category selector, you choose what data to filter in the data tab. And on the numbers selector you do it in the "Limits From" section.

0 Kudos