Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Feature Layer Points Map Viewer Fields List Option Not Appearing

a week ago
gertrudious
New Contributor II

How can I add points the correspond to my new symbolized list?

gertrudious_1-1718733433373.png

I have been following this tutorial - https://youtu.be/zrlN7NrMawY?si=J21LuYz1rwv3-91F&t=1075

When I tried to digitize my map, to add points to my new feature layer,
I am able to add the points, but my 'List' field does not appear.

gertrudious_0-1718733344207.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @gertrudious

In order to see updated templates listed in the edit pane, you'll need to modify the templates. Managing templates within Map Viewer is on our future road map. In the mean time, you can use either Map Viewer Classic or Field Maps Designer.

To manage feature templates in Field Maps Designer, follow these steps:

1. Open the map in Field Maps Designer. 
  2. Navigate to the layer
  3. Tap to open the 'Templates' tab
  4. To create a new template, duplicate an existing template and make changes to the name and / or default values. 
  5. To edit an existing template, tap on the template you want to modify and make the desired changes.
  6. To delete a template, select the trashcan icon.

Hope that helps! 

0 Kudos
gertrudious
New Contributor II

I don't think I explained my troubles well.
In this esri tutorial, at about min 2:31 (https://youtu.be/l2nhhOw7HW0?si=AR6yubg7ZTlY1nas&t=151)
the video shows how to add a point, from the field options that were created in the created feature layer.

when I attempt this step, to add a point to the map like in minute 2:31, I am not given the same option as in the video. Instead, I am given no option, like in my second photo from above.

I did not use a template so I am not sure what you are referring to. As well, I have seen several videos where what I am attempted is seemingly done with ease. Thus, I am guessing that your comment of "Managing templates within Map Viewer is on our future road map" may not actually fit my issue.

I hope I am explaining my trouble with a bit more clarity.
kind thanks.

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

I'm sorry I didn't understand. To narrow down the problem, I have a few questions. 

1. Are you able to click on the map to create a point? 
  2. Are you saying that after you create a point on the map, the form does not open in the pane on the right? 
  3. Are you able to share a link to the map? 
0 Kudos