Disable responsive design

Jump to solution
09-09-2015 07:56 AM
deleted-user-4PLh50_3Zdqz
New Contributor

Hey!

I'm trying to embed my app on a website and it should be very small. The problem is that the view switches from desktop version to mobile version while downsizing it

Is there a way to disable this setting?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanielRoth1
New Contributor III

The elements controlling responsiveness for the arcgis online version of the web app builder are unfortunately in the code hosted by Esri, so I don't think you can disable the responsiveness.

If you were using the developer edition of the web appbuilder, and hosting your own app, you could get into the code (mostly css) to disable it, but that might also be a deep rabbit hole unless you're comfortable with making the edits.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Which app are you using? Embed?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I'm using the web AppBuilder on ArcGIS online

0 Kudos
NathanielRoth1
New Contributor III

Do you want it to stay in desktop mode when downsized? My suspicion is that that might have a short term benefit, but reduce the usability.

If you just want to keep the map small and suppress the resizing, you should be able to specify the height and width on the iframe being used for embedding the app.

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Acutally I want to stay it in desktop version when downsized. At least I would like to try how it looks like. It is important that the pop-up stays the same even if the map is smaller than 600x600 px. Do you know how to do this?

0 Kudos
NathanielRoth1
New Contributor III

The elements controlling responsiveness for the arcgis online version of the web app builder are unfortunately in the code hosted by Esri, so I don't think you can disable the responsiveness.

If you were using the developer edition of the web appbuilder, and hosting your own app, you could get into the code (mostly css) to disable it, but that might also be a deep rabbit hole unless you're comfortable with making the edits.

New Contributor

I finally was able to download the app. Unfortunately I'm not that comfortable with making the edits. So I wondered wether you could explain to me which file has to be changed? It is just that one feature I want to disable. That would be great!

0 Kudos
deleted-user-FwGV4nJuPxiQ
New Contributor

Try commenting out lines 110 and 111 in jimu.js/MapManager.js:

//this.map.setInfoWindow(this._mapMobileInfoWindow);

//this.isMobileInfoWindow = true;

I've only just tried it myself, but it seems to have the desired effect.

0 Kudos