Select to view content in your preferred language

Decimal Places not matching between Map viewer and Data tab

01-05-2023 12:56 PM
NoahGolinko
New Contributor

I am having an issue with web maps. My map viewer (Classic and current) are showing the right amount of decimal places but my Data view is not. 

The first picture shows map viewer view: Showing 0 and 1 decimal places correctly.

The second picture shows the data tab view: showing between 5-10 decimal places.

The only solution I can think of to manually select each cell in the data view and type a rounded number. Has anyone ran into this problem? Know of a solution other than selecting and manually editing each cell.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Item detail page, Visualization tab, Fields button, select the field you want to change, modify sig digits/show separator, then the Save in upper left.

RhettZufelt_0-1672953356877.png

R_

0 Kudos
NoahGolinko
New Contributor

Thanks for your quick response. My visualization tab shows the same data as my map viewer, the correct decimal places. I went into each field and reselected the correct decimal places then saved just to be sure. The data tab is still showing the 5-10 decimal places.

VisualizationTAB.jpg

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Are you sure you saved it?  Could just be you re-opened it for the snapshot, but the blue dot next to the save in the image you posted shows that the field changes are not saved.

I ask as I just tested it again.

Data Tab (this is Hosted Feature Layer):

RhettZufelt_0-1673021248516.png

Visualization Tab:

RhettZufelt_1-1673021268886.png

Change to 1 Decimal places and save:

RhettZufelt_5-1673021553466.png

Data Tab after modify/save:

RhettZufelt_3-1673021390115.png

And, HFL added to new map viewer with default popup and table:

RhettZufelt_4-1673021431600.png

If this isn't working for you, maybe test with separate data.  Could be something going on with your HFL or something, as I can reproduce this with several HFL's.

R_

0 Kudos