Data Type discrepancy in Attribute Table of WebMap v Web App Builder

10-23-2019 07:26 AM
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

I have created an Arcade expression to show the DateDiff in Days (Number data type). This works totally fine in ArcGIS Online Web Map. But when I use the Attribute Table widget in Web App Builder, the DateDiff is converted to String/Epoch Time and showing in decimals. It shows correctly in the pop-ups but I am not sure why it is showing a different data type in the attribute table widget. Here are some screenshots.

(ArcGIS Web Map):

(ArcGIS Web App Builder Attribute Table Widget):

Pop-ups from Web Map are honored in Web App Builder without any issue.

Is ArcGIS Online WebMap and Web App Builder using the same Javascript API version or not?

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ Appreciate if you have any inputs to deal with this. Thank you 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rohit,

Web Maps on AGOL will always be using the latest JS API release where as WAB will be a step or two behind. What you are seeing is a specific WAB feature where the AT widget is treating the arcade expression result as a Number and not just an integer like the AGOL web map is. You should contact esri tech support on this issue.

RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Resolved it by rounding the number inside the Arcade expression itself rather than using ArcGIS Online Configure Attributes. Totally forced it to be a String.

0 Kudos