Dashboards not loading for Admin account

12-16-2021 07:25 AM
MatthewSmith18
New Contributor II

2 administators in 2 different organizations are not able to load dashboards on their account. The administators are teachers and cannot load their dashboards or others dashboards. The students who are publishers are able to view their and other's dashboards. 

For the administators, the dashboards appear as a black screen. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That sounds very strange. Possibly related to the recent update to AGOL?

Have the admins tried to Shift+Refresh the page? Or clear their browser cache? And is this consistent across different internet browsers?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MatthewSmith18
New Contributor II

Different browsers does not solve the problem, clearing cache and refresh dashboards still not loading. 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Any chance the dashboards are public? And are all the users using the same link to access the dashboard?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MatthewSmith18 - here's what the Dashboards team recommends for troubleshooting. I know you reported trying a different browser already, but if it was Edge it's likely it will have the same issue.

• Disable (or remove) ALL browser extensions in any Chrome browser that is problematic -> Clear cache -> Re-load dashboard
  • Incognito tab
  • Different browser (Firefox)

If these steps are not enabling admins to view the Dashboards, let me know and I can get a Support case started for you so that an analyst can take a closer look at the issue. 

Thanks,

-Peter 

0 Kudos
MatthewSmith18
New Contributor II

I tried incognito, different browser and disabling the browser extension I am able to. Our computers are managed by school system, so we have some extensions that are added and cannot be removed. 

I tried it on my personal computer and the same dashboards seem to work just fine. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @MatthewSmith18 - if you are able to isolate which extension is causing the issue I would be interested in passing that on to the team. 

0 Kudos
MatthewSmith18
New Contributor II

I was not able to determine if it was an extension issue. Tech support was not able to determine the application, it just started to work again. 

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos