Customizing Field Entry in GeoForm

Jump to solution
04-04-2018 12:21 PM
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

So I am using the GeoForm so that our Permitting department can add address points that do not already exist and apply permits to those newly created address points. The problems I am having are that :

1. Point Identification
    We have exactly TWO entry points for creating new addresses and we need to differentiate between them when viewing them. We have a single user converting ALL of our address points using ESRI Desktop 10.5.1 and then there will be this GeoForm available internally only. I need to have ALL GeoForm entries to have a SiteAddID field that shows it's from the GeoForm... so adding "GF" to the ID is Step One of our needs.
  2. SiteAddID Customization
    I have tried a number of options for customizing the SiteAddID field entry from the GeoForm. We have a proprietary system that connects SiteAddressPoints to Permits and it does this using the SiteAddID field. I need to customize the entries for this field through the GeoForm but it's not working.

So my current attempt to adjust this field was to try to have the field be invisible to the end user of the GeoForm and create a DefaultValue for the field inside the GeoForm config/default.js file. I figure if I can adjust this then I could use JS to get the adjustment I wanted. But nothing I do causes the defaultValue to change anything if the field is invisible. I do NOT want the user to even see the SiteAddID field because I fear they will cause issues somehow. Just make it invisible and modify the input... Much like using the Attribute Assistant on Desktop.

Can anyone help me?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianO_keefe

driskull corrected the situation by editing MAIN.JS in the GeoForm.

Here is his correction.

default.js : locked attribute doesn't work · Issue #550 · Esri/geoform-template-js · GitHub 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BrianO_keefe

So I've tried adjusting the JSON.

"name": "SITEADDID", // field id
"alias": "Site Address ID", // label
"fieldDescription": "The ID of the address point", // Help text
"visible": false, // show this field?
"typeField": false, // subtype field?
"tooltip": "", // placeholder text
"displayType": "text", // text, checkbox, radio, textarea, url, email
"defaultValue": "GF" + new Date().getTime(),
"locked": true

You would THINK that changing Visible to False would NOT affect this field working as it is entered in the JSON... But it does. If you make this field VISIBLE:FALSE then the DEFAULTVALUE that I created doesn't actually enter into the newly created Address.

But if I turn is VISIBLE:TRUE then the enduser can change the contents of the field NO MATTER WHAT THE LOCKED ATTRIBUTE IS SET TO.

I cannot begin to describe my frustration level.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

You can see that the field doesn't get greyed out.

Pending Addressing - Edited - YouTube 

And you can see that even tho it is locked, I still edited it via the GeoForm.

Apr 4, 2018 4:51 PM - Edited - YouTube 

Frustrated beyond belief.

0 Kudos
BrianO_keefe

driskull corrected the situation by editing MAIN.JS in the GeoForm.

Here is his correction.

default.js : locked attribute doesn't work · Issue #550 · Esri/geoform-template-js · GitHub