Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom symbols won't draw if too many features

Jump to solution
01-31-2019 10:18 AM
CalebAnderson1
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing problems using custom symbols in ArcGIS Online web-maps if there are over X number of features. This is what I know:

1. Custom symbol works on other features

2. Feature does draw with ESRI default AGOL symbology

3. If I add a filter to the layer (smaller number of points), the custom symbol draws as it should

I don't know what the cut-off is for the number of features but the layer I'm trying to label has about 15,000 points. I've been able to use custom labels with this type of data before but it's no longer working... Anyone else have this issue? Know of a work-around?

Update: Per a co-workers suggestion, I went to the feature info in AGOL and adjusted the symbology:

Everything was looking good there but when I add the data to the web map, the manholes look all wrong:

Even though the manholes look wrong in the web map, they look fine on my phone if I bring it up in Explorer. 

I tried deleting google cache etc. and no luck there either. Stumped.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CalebAnderson1
New Contributor III

Signed in as a different user and re-added the data (something I had done many times with the other account) and it looks fine. Gremlins...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CalebAnderson1
New Contributor III

Signed in as a different user and re-added the data (something I had done many times with the other account) and it looks fine. Gremlins...

0 Kudos