Custom map marker issue

04-12-2019 02:36 PM
FDirie
by
New Contributor

Hi, 

I'm creating a custom map marker for a web map i'm putting together. I found this pretty helpful ESRI tutorial:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/using-images-as-custom-point-symbols...

I used Illustrator to create the map marker and per the instructions in the url above, positioned the tip of the map marker on the center of the art-board so it's eventually placement in my web map is correct (as opposed to being pushed down). The problem, however, is when I select an icon in the web map, the neon-blue outline that appears when clicking on a feature shows the ENTIRE artboard outline (see attached). Is there anyway to minimize this? The area that it selects is just way too large relative to the icon. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

-fd

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You need to create an image that bounding extent is just the actual image and use picture marker symbol offsets to move the image to the proper location.

0 Kudos
FDirie
by
New Contributor

Thanks, i'm not seeing where the "picture marker symbol offsets" are in AGOL...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

F Dire,

You are correct. Sorry I was not aware that AGOL did not expose the symbol offset properties.

0 Kudos
FDirie
by
New Contributor

Thanks, i'll see if i can try something with symbol rotation. It would be great to add symbol offsets to AGOL in the future!

0 Kudos