Select to view content in your preferred language

Crowdsource Reporter app showing maps that I did not create...why?

03-10-2017 08:46 AM
ChristinaHoddinott
New Contributor

There are numerous public maps in the group within my organization, and my crowdsource reporter app started showing two of the maps in my group that I did not create on the sidebar. It was not like this to begin with, and I have not done any editing. 

You can view my app here:

https://mun.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CrowdsourceReporter/index.html?appid=a6960a941dd04fd98bf886d818bef9... 

As you can see, you can click on either Rennie's River Citizen Science Projects, Newfoundland, or my map SAMNL Bird Spotting. When you click on SAMNL Bird Spotting, it shows the view that was there when I originally created the app. That is the view that I would like it to have upon opening the app. Any idea what may be going on and how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AllisonMuise1
Deactivated User

cewdressage

It looks to me like your app is showing just one map again, but if anyone else comes accross this issue, here is what I think probably happened:

The app will show all maps in the group that contain editable layers, so if someone shared an editing map into your group it would show up. I suggest creating a group that will be exclusively for the Reporter configuration, and strongly recommend restricting who can contribute to that group to avoid have unexpected maps appear in your application.

0 Kudos