Select to view content in your preferred language

Credits Consumed Without Me Knowing?

07-12-2024 12:09 PM
azainomv
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

My organization has both ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise. While doing regular maintenance and checking, I logged into ArcGIS Online to find that a large number of credits had been consumed on July 2nd for geocoding. 

Assuming the status, as shown below, is in UTC, it would have been 2:00PM Eastern when these credits were consumed. I was in a meeting at this time and definitely not geocoding. It also said that over 17,000 records were geocoded, and I know for a fact that I did not geocode that many records recently. There are no new layers in "My Content" either.

I have a support ticket open, but I was wondering if anyone knew what could have happened, or if there is a way to check which specific geocoding operations took place. 

Edit to add: the operations were performed under my username, so I know it's not another member of my org. Additionally, I am the only member of the online org for the time being.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Just curious.... do you have your utility services set to Online from your Enterprise; https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-services.htm?

If you saved credentials, I think that it may be passing those if someone in your org used the geocoder.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
azainomv
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply! I don't believe I do, since I am not familiar with utility services.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

Ok, may want to check. Many people set it up during initial configuration and forget about it 🙂

--- George T.
0 Kudos