Select to view content in your preferred language

updating web styles

01-22-2024 08:43 AM
Labels (1)
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I have a group of styles which I shared as a custom Utility.style to my ArcGIS Online account. I want to update this group with more utility styles and was wondering if there was a way to add to the existing Utility.style  without overwriting the whole style

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You will be using ArcGIS Pro to share a new web style that will overwrite the existing one. There currently isn't an update workflow for a web style.

0 Kudos
TiffanyStram
New Contributor III

When I share a new web style with the same parameters and name as the previous one, I don't get prompted to overwrite it.  It just creates a new web style.  Using ArcGIS Pro 3.3.1.  Thoughts?

TiffanyStram_0-1720010199164.png

0 Kudos
TiffanyStram
New Contributor III

I figured out the issue.  The folder that contained the web styles was named "Map symbols, graphics, logos".  It appears that ArcGIS Pro is unable to find an existing item if a "," is present in the folder name in ArcGIS Online.  Once I renamed the folder without commas, I was prompted if I wanted to overwrite the existing web style.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Awesome to hear you were able to find a work around to the issue, I will pass this along to the sharing team. 

0 Kudos