Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating Feature Layers on AGO

09-12-2023 07:01 PM
Labels (2)
Sabra-FRC
Occasional Contributor

I have been having this recurring issue with AGO hosted feature layers. Today I think I have figured out why it is happening, simply, but I want to know if this is a common error/ depreciation.

Included below is two screenshots highlighting the only error codes that AGO is giving me when this is happening, which as you can see arent error codes at all and are generally unhelpful. I am getting this error and access to the layer settings and data is taken away from me, even though I am the administrator of the account with all editting access. When this happens the layers ARE still operating through my web apps and maps, but I am unable to do any updates, ultimately making the layers redundant. Until today, I had been deleting the layers and recreating them. However, today I realized that only these 4 layers have been doing this and I have decided the reason is because they were created using Excel Worksheets, where as most of my other layers are created with CSV/ CSV UTF-8. So I am hoping that I have fixed my own problem and won't be running into it again. BUT I am hoping that someone can shed some light as to why the feature layers that I had been creating from Excel Worksheets had been continually failing?

error ago 2.pngerror ago.png

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings @Sabra-FRC 

I don't know exactly why you may be having problems with creating layers from Excel in ArcGIS Online, but there are several things to consider before you attempt this.  Here is a great article that tackles the issues: Turn your Excel data into an ArcGIS Online layer.

Hope that helps with your issue.

Miguel
0 Kudos