Create a customised pop-up that shows the information from a related table.

Jump to solution
03-09-2020 11:28 AM
Jeff_VanEtten
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to create a customised pop-up in AGOL for a web layer I have uploaded that has a related table (text only).  

Polygon table structure is:

GlobalID (GUID)

Area (shape_area)

Length (shape_length)

Related table structure

GID1 (GUID) - this is the related key back to the parent polygon table

Type (text)

Number (short)

Phase (text)

Right now I can click on "show related records" in the pop-up, but ideally I would like this information to be displayed in the pop-up and not in a separate table below the map.

I tried doing some simple arcade programming and got the expression result to work using this:

FeatureSetByRelationshipName($feature,"native_plantin_rel_table",["Type","Number","Phase"])

But when I implement this in the popup, it does not work and only get "No information available" message in the popup

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Van Etten
Head of GIS
Tetra Tech Ltd
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff Van Etten ,

When you use an expression like you did, this will return a featureset, which will show when you test the expression in the editor, but this will not show in the pop-up. You will have to loop through the records in the featureset and define how to present them in the pop-up.

You can find some examples here: https://community.esri.com/message/900835-show-all-related-or-joined-attributes-in-a-popup 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Most commonly the Web Maps you create are for use in Collector to get what you want.

You will need to make a Web App using Web App Builder and related tables will show up in a pop up.

0 Kudos
Jeff_VanEtten
Occasional Contributor

Robert, this is not for collector.  Thanks.

Jeff Van Etten
Head of GIS
Tetra Tech Ltd
0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff Van Etten ,

When you use an expression like you did, this will return a featureset, which will show when you test the expression in the editor, but this will not show in the pop-up. You will have to loop through the records in the featureset and define how to present them in the pop-up.

You can find some examples here: https://community.esri.com/message/900835-show-all-related-or-joined-attributes-in-a-popup 

Jeff_VanEtten
Occasional Contributor

Xander

Have looked at the link and I can test the arcade script and it works, but when I try to use this, nothing is coming up.  Here is my arcade script.

var aquatic_id = $feature["GlobalID"];
var aquatic_tbl = FeatureSetByName($map,"aquatic table");
var sql = "GID1 = '" + aquatic_id + "'";
var aquatics = Filter(aquatic_tbl, sql);
var cnt = Count(aquatics);

var result = "Species: ";
if (cnt > 0) {
for (var aquatic in aquatics) {
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + " - " + aquatic.Type + " (" + aquatic.Number + ")";
}
} else {
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + " - No species present";
}

return result;

Just closed the map viewer and opened this back up and it now works!  Fantastic!

Jeff Van Etten
Head of GIS
Tetra Tech Ltd
0 Kudos