Configure Webapp

09-27-2011 06:44 AM
DanielSchmidt
New Contributor III
Trying to configure the web app to display only the features that I want displayed.  Problem is when I press save it does not save anything.  I have tried configuring everything I want and I have tried only changing the title.  Nothing saves.  PLEASE HELP!!!

http://apps.arcgis.com/hosted/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=e50c1af463344b2ba47dcd4fd0ce659f
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielSchmidt
New Contributor III
I had a thought that this may be a web-browser related issue so I have now tried Mozilla Firefox (build 7.0), Internet Explorer (build 8.0), and Google Chrome (build 14.0.835.186), with no success.  The strange thing is that today when I click on configure web app it displays the configuration I have chosen, but the web app itself still displays in the default setting.  This is extremely frustrating.  Is anyone else able to configure a web app?
0 Kudos
DanielSchmidt
New Contributor III
I had a thought that this may be a web-browser related issue so I have now tried Mozilla Firefox (build 7.0), Internet Explorer (build 8.0), and Google Chrome (build 14.0.835.186), with no success.  The strange thing is that today when I click on configure web app it displays the configuration I have chosen, but the web app itself still displays in the default setting.  This is extremely frustrating.  Is anyone else able to configure a web app?

And without any explanation it decides to save the configuration options (Firefox build 7.0).  I love the idea of this and it really is useful for all types of business but it needs a lot of work.  I'd call it temperamental at best.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, this is a bug. What I'm seeing is that you get one try at configuring the application. If you turn any feature off, like the title, any menu items, etc. you can't turn it back on. We plan to address this with an update to the website early next week.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos