Select to view content in your preferred language

Conditional Visibility in Map Viewer Form Not Working

Jump to solution
02-15-2023 09:25 AM
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have created  an edit form in map viewer that is currently configured to conditionally display fields based on values in other fields.  It is not working.  According to this help topic, this should work and I have done what is included there.  It is not working in my map.  However, if I open the map in Field Maps, it does work as I expect.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like a current limitation in the editor. When fields are not used within the form but are being used for conditions the editor wont be able to generate those as you are expecting. I don't have a release date for when this will be addressed. A work around could be placing these dependent fields in a group as read only at the bottom of the form and have that group set to be not expanded by default.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Will need the map to be able to see where an issue could be. 

0 Kudos
JimW
by

What's the best way to share the map?  I'd prefer not to share it publicly. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

create a group and share layer and map into the group and invite russell_jsapi into that group. 

0 Kudos
JimW
by

All set.  The layer in question in the map is called Paving Cut Components.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like a current limitation in the editor. When fields are not used within the form but are being used for conditions the editor wont be able to generate those as you are expecting. I don't have a release date for when this will be addressed. A work around could be placing these dependent fields in a group as read only at the bottom of the form and have that group set to be not expanded by default.

0 Kudos
JimW
by

Thanks for the update and help.  The work around works fine.  It's not a great solution but only from a display standpoint and it is relatively minor issue.  But I know some of my end users will ask "why does the element at the bottom of the form say to ignore this element?"    While you mentioned you can't provide a release date, this will be addressed at some point in the future?  

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup that is the plan to address this without needing the workaround mentioned above. 

0 Kudos
MVpes
by
New Contributor II

Hello! I have a similar issue: I have a feature class with a lot of fields and only want those fields to display in the pop-up that are not empty (which fields are empty depends on the feature). Within the AGOL Map Viewer, I configured the "Form" with an expression to only show field X if not empty (see screenshot forms1.jpg), but the pop-up in the map still shows that field (screenshot forms2.jpg). Is there in error in the ARCADE expression?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos