Collaborative editing: Change polygon color based on whether it has been edited or not

Jump to solution
10-19-2021 02:12 AM
martabescansa7
New Contributor II

I am working with two other persons on an urban development project and we need to enter information on more than 12000 parcels manually .  I need to know if there is a way to edit in ArcGIS online collaboratively and to be able to keep track of what has been edited and what has not. Maybe a color change in every polygon that has been edited. Is there something like that?

In Humanitarian Open Street Maps they have a very efficient system, but I don't know if it is possible to do something similar with ArcGIS. I attach one picture for reference.

Thanks,

Marta

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

I need to know if there is a way to edit in ArcGIS online collaboratively

If the data resides in an SDE database, it can be edited by multiple editors at the same time, using versioning:
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/overview-of-versioning-in-a... 

and to be able to keep track of what has been edited and what has not

You can add a field (e.g. "EditStatus") to your table(s) that describes the current state of the feature. This could be something simple, e.g. 1: edited, 0 or null: not edited. Or you could use more statuses, like in your screenshot. After you finish editing a feature, you would set the field's value, probably using a domain to make that even easier. In the map, you would use distinct symbology for each value of the EditStatus field.

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

I need to know if there is a way to edit in ArcGIS online collaboratively

If the data resides in an SDE database, it can be edited by multiple editors at the same time, using versioning:
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/overview-of-versioning-in-a... 

and to be able to keep track of what has been edited and what has not

You can add a field (e.g. "EditStatus") to your table(s) that describes the current state of the feature. This could be something simple, e.g. 1: edited, 0 or null: not edited. Or you could use more statuses, like in your screenshot. After you finish editing a feature, you would set the field's value, probably using a domain to make that even easier. In the map, you would use distinct symbology for each value of the EditStatus field.

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos
martabescansa7
New Contributor II

Thanks Johannes. That is what I was thinking. Just wondered if there was an embedded system to conduct such projects. With Humanitarian OpenStreetMaps you can even assign specific area to different persons and things like that.. It is very well organised.  

Thank you!

0 Kudos