Select to view content in your preferred language

Clearing Features on an Online Map by Using Most Current Information Collected via Survey123

06-21-2022 11:48 AM
Labels (2)
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello All.

I have an online map that is being used for a dashboard and within Field Maps to direct work orders. The feature layers and attributes are collected using Survey123. Once the feature layer and attributes are collected, field workers use Survey123 to further monitor the sites and these tables are linked to the feature layer via a GlobalID/ParentGlobalID relationship.

The tables are condition, agency action, and volunteer action. All of the survey tables are linked to the feature layers via joins and are hosted as view layers. They are subsequently refined using the filters in MapViewer. 

There is one question in the condition survey that asks if the site needs an action to be taken, if this is answered in the affirmative, conditional questions asking whether this action is an agency or volunteer action is asked.

Right now I have online maps that contain filtered hosted feature layers with the filter set up to look for sites that are answered "Yes" for the action question and not answered "None" for whether it should be a agency or volunteer action. If these conditions are met, the sites show up on the maps and this is how work loads will be determined throughout the season. This all works fine.

Field workers go to the sites and perform either an agency or volunteer action through Survey123 and then these locations are shown on the map on a hosted view layer.

The issue that I am running into is how to clear these sites once they have been visited and an action has been taken. Each time that workers go out in the field they complete the condition survey. One idea I had is that when they were visiting to perform an action that they would mark "No" for the question that asks if the site needs an action. I thought that this would then be the newest record for the feature layer and therefore would replace, on the map at least, the point showing up as needing an action since the newest table would not be answered "Yes". Unfortunately that does not seem to the case. Right now, what I have done as a work around, is to have the actions taken layer on top of the actions needed layer, but that seems too clunky and surely there is a better way to do it.

Is there a way to only have the feature layer be represented by the most recent condition survey submitted? Maybe this is something that I need to do in the joined view layer?

Thanks for any and all recommendations.

Garrett

0 Kudos
0 Replies