Chrome/Edge Web Browser: AGOL App shows "Cannot read properties of null (reading 'insertBefore')"

03-07-2023 08:37 AM
RobEaly
New Contributor II

Our department had this issue come up and we are unsure what is causing it. Viewing the app in all browsers seems to have no issues when using a computer/iPad/phone  out of our city network.

However, if using a city provided network computer it appears that the latest versions of Chrome and Edge cause the below URL to not work on desktop computers but will work when accessing the below URL on iPad or  any phone device. Of interesting note, viewing the below URL in Firefox works just fine for all in network devices.

In summary, has anybody seen this issue come up suddenly? What did you do to fix it?

The app was constructed from the Web App Builder templates and nothing has changed in the application for many months. Could this be an issue with a change in the setting of the network firewall?

https://mtjuliet.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=f26b4124ec4a41c7bdbfac09255c55d8

5 Replies
LaurenLee
New Contributor III

Following: I just had this error today too. My main parcel application works in Edge and Firefox but not Chrome.  

AnaR
by
New Contributor II

I'm also having this issue - it started yesterday. Mine doesn't work in Chrome or Edge, but it works in Firefox. I think mine is probably based in using a password manager, Dashlane, in my case, because Firefox is the only one I don't have that extension downloaded on. Others at my organization can view it just fine on all browsers and the only difference seems to be that they don't have password managers. 

0 Kudos
BeninAlbert
New Contributor

Removing dashlane from my browser extensions solved this error. Thank you!

MichaelSlee
New Contributor

We started to experience this issue last week. As of now I've had four users report this issue. I checked and so far it looks like they all have Dashlane enabled and using that extension for their password management. Toggling this extension off resolved the issue. 
@ESRI1 I'm wondering why this suddenly seems to be an issue as of last week? This happens for the affected users for AGS Portal and AGOL content.

0 Kudos
BrandonOConnor
New Contributor

Thanks for posting this error; I received several reports of this at my workplace, and bypassing Dashlane (per the comments) has resolved the issue. That said, we have reached out to Dashlane and they are now aware of the issue, and will be releasing a hotfix for this on March 20, 2023.