Changing ArcGIS Online User Passwords from Mobile device

Jump to solution
12-10-2018 05:08 PM
JackyHovens
New Contributor II

I used to be able to change a users password from ArcGIS online, manage users from my iPhone.  This is very handy when I am not in the office and don't have access to a desktop computer and a user requests a password reset.  I was told this function was disabled with the last update.   It would be great to have this reinstated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandyPerkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Jacky. Yes, with the new responsive design of the site, some functions may not appear on smaller phone screens. We are continuing to improve the design in the next release. In the meantime, you can download the ArcGIS Companion app to reset member passwords using your phone, among other administrative tasks. You can download the app for iPhone here: ‎ArcGIS Companion on the App Store, read more about the app features in related blogs, and post questions in the ArcGIS Companion community.

Thanks for your feedback; I've passed it on to the design team. 

-Brandy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrandyPerkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Jacky. Yes, with the new responsive design of the site, some functions may not appear on smaller phone screens. We are continuing to improve the design in the next release. In the meantime, you can download the ArcGIS Companion app to reset member passwords using your phone, among other administrative tasks. You can download the app for iPhone here: ‎ArcGIS Companion on the App Store, read more about the app features in related blogs, and post questions in the ArcGIS Companion community.

Thanks for your feedback; I've passed it on to the design team. 

-Brandy

JackyHovens
New Contributor II

Thanks Brandy, hopefully it will come back in a future release.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jacky,

Have you tried to use your phone and perform this task?

It might be a good idea to add this to ArcGIS Ideas

But, likely, if they took away this functionality, it was for a good reason - probably a security reason.

I'm not seeing this mention on the update page:

What's new—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

But, I may have just missed it.

0 Kudos
JackyHovens
New Contributor II

Yes I used to be able to choose to log in and view full site from the www.arcgis.com page and the change passwords from there, but this is no longer possible. I also could not see this in the list of changes either. I have installed the recommended app and you can seem to reset passwords through that. Although I haven’t tested it.

0 Kudos