Cannot share my web map with everyone

Jump to solution
08-30-2019 10:15 AM
SimonVan_den_bergh
New Contributor

Hello, everyone.

I am completing an ArcGIS Coursera specialization and have just finished the final peer-graded assignment of the second course. The final step of the assignment is to upload the result as a public web map other students can assess. Unfortunately, that's what I'm having problems with.

According to a lecture video detailing the sharing process, I am to click the Share button and then check an "Everyone (public)" check box. This box, however, does not appear. I took a screenshot of how this appears to me. Trying to change sharing range another way (by clicking the lock in my content list) doesn't work either.

I have a public account (not tied to any organization) so to my knowledge I should be able to publish my own work. Another assignment had me publish a map package, and that I could do (not an option here, the web map format is the only one allowed for this assignment). The web browser I used was Google Chrome. I mention this because someone asked a similar question here in the past, but they solved it by switching to Chome.

Could you please tell me if there's any way to fix this? I'm really close to finishing the course, if not for this problem.

Thank you very much in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Could you try following steps to see if it works?

1) Are those individual map services which are added to WebMap are also shared?

2) Can you check available credits?

3) Try creating a separate WebMap without the map services and see if the issue persists?

4) Try in different browser to see if the issue persists?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Could you try following steps to see if it works?

1) Are those individual map services which are added to WebMap are also shared?

2) Can you check available credits?

3) Try creating a separate WebMap without the map services and see if the issue persists?

4) Try in different browser to see if the issue persists?

SimonVan_den_bergh
New Contributor

I don't know where to check my credit balance if I even have one (the Help section explains this for organizations, but I'm not associated with one), but switching to Microsoft Edge did the trick. Thank you for taking the time to help! The issue is resolved now.

0 Kudos